Things you need:
1. A Bible, notebook, pen
2. A prayer list
3. A quite place
4. A set time
5. The mind set that the Holy Spirit will work through your study.
1. Pray asking God to show you something in your study.
2. Decide what book/person you want to study.
3. Meditate/ think about what you read. Just read blocks of scripture at a time.
4. Share with someone what you learned
5. Be obedient to God and put what you learned into practice
How do you do it:
Read and reread the block of scripture.
ask the who, what , where and why questions about the scripture
Ask how can I apply these scriptures to my life. How do these scriptures effect you.
Observe what is going on in the passage and try to understand the basic facts of the passage
Ask God to show you what the meaning of the scripture is.
I hope this has helped. Remember we can all read the about the structure of a cell and how it works, but unless you study it you can t apply it.